Dr. John R. Van Gurp
and his staff at Arboretum Dermatology have been providing professional skin care to the Charlotte metropolitan area since 1991.
Dr. Van Gurp graduated with honors from Muhlenberg College and received his M.D. degree from the U.C.L.A. School of Medicine. He was awarded a Ph.D. degree for original research in cancer cell genetics by the Department of Pathology at U.C.L.A.
After serving his internship in internal medicine at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Dr. Van Gurp completed a residency in dermatology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and was nominated chief resident in his final year of training.
Dr. Van Gurp’s primary professional interests are skin cancer surgery, medical dermatology and nonsurgical facial restoration. While in practice in Charlotte, North Carolina he has performed tens of thousands of surgical skin procedures and has received special training in soft tissue augmentation for facial enhancement. He has served as Dermatology Liaison to the National Cancer Society and has been past president of the Charlotte Dermatology Association. Dr. Van Gurp is on staff at both Presbyterian Hospital and Carolinas Medical Center.
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology (www.abderm.org)
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (www.aad.org)
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, North Carolina Medical Society
- Member, Mecklenburg County Medical Society
- Member, Charlotte Dermatology Association